Pre-Publication copies of Finding Your SMEs are available today for $17.99. Click here to order.
If you’re like many companies, much of your expertise is getting ready to retire. Finding Your SMEs: Capturing the Knowledge of Your Retiring Subject Matter Experts Before They Leave gives you a methodology for working with your internal subject matter experts.
Make sure you are:
– capturing your most critical knowledge
– talking to the right people
– doing an environmental scan that considers your past and your future
You consider your company a forward-looking learning organization. You want to get knowledge management down to a science.
So you are you wondering…
What happens when the mass exodus of Baby Boomers leaves and takes their expertise with them?
Have we replaced our retiring workers?
Can we replace our experts?
What will happen to our core business if we don’t replace them?
How can we prepare younger workers to learn what our legacy employees know?
If you have asked yourself these questions, this book is for you.
Finding Your SMEs: Capturing Knowledge from Your Subject Matter Experts in Your Organization Before They Leave gives you a way to analyze your company and its value to your customers so you can identify your most critical assets that you must preserve for business continuity.
You will also learn:
· where to find the places your experts reside in your company
· which assets are worth spending your finite resources to capture
· how to determine if you are capturing expertise correctly
· what to consider when you project your future knowledge needs
· why you need to consider technology options for preservation methods and training platforms for transferring knowledge from your experts to future generations
Pre-publication copies available today for $17.99. Click here.
For those who are local in the Philadelphia area, I will be holding a half-day public workshop on 3 Strategies for Finding, Capturing and Transferring Your Internal Expertise to help you successfully manage your internal knowledge to make it available for next gen learners. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.